L'Affair (Skincare)

L'Affair Animal Soothing Monkey Mask
L'FFAIR Animal Soothing Monkey Mask has excellent moisturizing effect to the skin. Beta-Glucan make the skin wet with the moisturizing effect by supplying moisture and nutrition to the skin. 

HOW TO USE
Step 1: After cleansing, attach the mask on your face tightly.
Step 2: About 15~20 minutes later, take off the mask.
Step 3: Dab your face softly and lightly.

Special Note: Considering the skins 4 week turnover term, it is most effective to use consecutively 2-3 times a week for 4 weeks (one month concentrated skin management program).

INGREDIENTS
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Panthenol, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-Glucan, Aloe Barbadenis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium PCA, Propanediol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil 

VERDICT
OMG this thing smells like rubbing alcohol. Even after you put it on the face it still smells a bit of rubbing alcohol. I am not a fan. Just checked the ingredients and while there's no alcohol listed, I do see that it has Witch Hazel which I hate. I don't know about you, but I absolutely HATE the smell of Witch Hazel. I think it smells atrocious...but enough of my whining and complaining.

This sheet mask is made of a strong cotton material that actually fits my face lengthwise (it actually covers my ENTIRE forehead), but comes up a bit short widthwise...it doesn't cover the sides of my face. It's soaked in a serum that is kind of drippy, so be prepared for drip-page down the neck. Not the most cooling and refreshing feeling while on the face and it kind of stung a little bit around my mouth area.

I didn't notice until right after I took this off, but it says on the actual packaging to avoid using this on blemishes, pimples, irritated or sunburnt skin...umm then what exactly is this suppose to soothe? Why call this a soothing mask if it's not meant to soothe, but simply hydrate?  I mean it does contain aloe which is supposed to be good for sunburns and soothing the skin, but apparently you're not supposed to use this for soothing purposes.

Like I said, I didn't notice that warning until after I used this, so I did use this on top of slightly irritated skin that had a couple pimples...but it didn't irritate or do anything to them...it didn't help, but it didn't exacerbate either. Irritation level and pimples were still status quo. Surprisingly, this was really great at brightening my face though, which I wasn't expecting. There's no mention of brightening properties, and as far as I can tell it doesn't seem to have ingredients like niacinamide which is great for whitening/brightening so that came out of left field, but for some reason my face noticeably brighter afterward, and of course it was a bit hydrating as well like most masks are and should be and that was about it.

If you want a sheet mask that is very brightening then maybe you might want to check this out??? I, however, would pass. The smell alone, which is atrocious, just immediately turns me off. Aside from how brightening it is, the one redeeming quality, it's just not that great in my opinion. 

Also, it's a minor thing, but it bothers me that its called a "soothing" mask, but it isn't soothing and it's not supposed to be soothing but rather hydrating, and while it is a bit hydrating the thing that stands out the most is that it's brightening. What's with the false advertising? They should just call it a brightening mask and leave it at that...but that's just me being nitpicky.

I wonder though if that means the other variations aren't going to be what they're supposed to be...


References...
1. MaskSheets link above

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Back
to top