Transforming Glass (Random Rambles)


My mind wandered again and I randomly started to think about how cool it would be if there could be some sort of transforming glass that could be used as both a clear transparent window and a mirror. It could transform itself between the two. If somehow one could simply flip a switch to transform it from a simple clear transparent window to a solid opaque mirror.



I was thinking about this because I love windows. I would live in an all glass house if I could. I just love how bright and airy and freeing windows make a house feel. I love the natural light and being able to see outside...well if you were to live in a beautiful setting or had a beautifully landscaped yard...actually it doesn't even have to be beautiful, I would even take a regular ole tidy yard over a wall.


I mean, wouldn't you want to look at that instead? I know I would. I would much rather be able to look into my backyard than look at the walls and feel claustrophobic. Maybe if you lived in a ginormous mansion it wouldn't matter, but I live in a regular ole starter home so any chance to create an illusion of bigger and brighter I'll take.

Anywho, this "transforming glass" would be perfect for the bathroom. I would love to have the large slab of wall above my bathroom sink be a completely transparent window that overlooked the yard instead of the ginormous generic builder grade borderless mirror...but I still do need a mirror in the bathroom so that's where the "transforming glass" would come into play. If somehow I could just flip a switch when I need a mirror to do what I need to do and then switch it off so it became a transparent window again to the outside...that would totally be awesome.

Something like this...where if I want the mirror I just flip it up and if I want the window again I can just flip the switch down and there's some sort of magical technology in the glass that responds to a closed circuit vs. an open circuit which allows it to transform itself.
Does such a thing exist? Is it even possible? I have no idea, but if it were I think that would be so awesome and cool.



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Back
to top