A'Pieu (Skincare)

A'Pieu Essential Source Micro Foil Mask - Never Dry

Triple layer structure (foil + matrix + silk fabric) foil mask holds concentrate essence, without loosing active ingredients with skin supply. Skin similar ingredient plant stem cell (rose) gives moisture vitality with moist shield for skin rich clearness and hydration.

Outside: contains foil side that locks in the ingredients inside the mask
Inside: soft silk part contains the essence

HOW TO USE
1. Cleanse & tone your skin
2. Apply the bottom part of the mask my aligning it with your nose and mouth
3. Apply the top part of the mask and let the bottom overlap with the other mask
4. Remove after 15-20 minutes, and pat the remaining product into skin

Tip: Depending on your skin's condition, you may leave it on for more than 30 minutes for a more intensive treatment 

INGREDIENTS
Main Ingredients: Damask rose callus culture extract - plant stem cell culture extract (rose) 5%, Yeast / Damask Rose Fermentation Filtrate Extract, Ceramide 3 / Hydro Lecithin / Cholesterol 

Other Ingredients: Niacinamide, Adenosine, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide 

THOUGHTS
October 18th, 2018: Love the look of this mask. It definitely makes the process a little more fun and exciting than using a plain ole sheet mask, but honestly it wasn't anything amazing. It was just ok.

Despite being "foiled" on the outside, it was more a cloth like foil so it was still comfortable...especially the inside of the mask which is made of silk fabric and does feel very soft and nice. As for the size, it was a bit small for my face, didn't cover the sides of my nose and the sides of my face, but I do seem to have a bigger than average sized face so while it didn't completely cover my face, it may still cover yours. Although the nose part was extremely small, so I don't know that it would properly cover anyone's nose unless you have a very flat and tiny nose. It also didn't cover my entire forehead as well, but that's usually par for the course as I have a large forehead.

Anywho, once on the face it did feel nice, but it wasn't particularly cooling and refreshing, although I don't think it's supposed to be due to the exterior foil, which makes it more of an insulating mask. It also definitely wasn't the most secure feeling mask. Also, the sheet itself felt like it was on the dry side...it was dry to begin with and only dried out even more from there. Usually sheet masks are drenched in serum, but this one wasn't...at least it didn't feel like it was drenched in serum and as the masking session progressed the sheet just seemed to dry out. Usually sheet masks stay wet throughout the entire masking session, but by the time it was time to remove the mask it felt dry...especially the foil side, which was completely dry.

I was surprised though when I removed the mask, because even though it felt dry (both front and back) it left behind a ton of serum on my face. It was the oddest thing. The mask itself felt dry, but my face was covered in serum, which I guess explains why it was low key sliding down my face. Even though it felt and seemed to be dry it really wasn't. Wow, how many times have I said the word dry.

Anywho, once removed the serum was easily absorbed into the skin. I just pat pat patted it into my face and it absorbed pretty quickly. I did find this to be hydrating, but it wasn't amazingly hydrating and moisturizing or special in any way. It was a pretty standard masking session, so given how much more expensive this is, it's not worth it in my opinion...unless you just like the novelty of having a gold foiled mask which is fun and different.

Oh, and it does have a slight scent, but nothing that's bothersome.

References...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Back
to top