Farmacy (Skincare)

Farmacy Bright On Massage-Activated Vitamin C Mask with Echinacea GreenEnvy™
Sephora: https://go.magik.ly/ml/hkv7/

Size: 1.7 oz / 50 ml
A color-changing vitamin C clay mask that brightens and detoxes skin by removing buildup and impurities to visibly improve the appearance of skin texture and tone.

Brighten and detox in one step with this color-changing vitamin C clay mask that changes color as it transforms the appearance of skin. The formula brightens and detoxes by removing buildup and impurities to visibly improve the appearance of texture and tone. As you massage it into your skin, the vitamin C capsules burst, turning the mask from lavender to green, so you know it's working to bring out your brightest, most perfect skin. This mineral-rich clay removes excess oil and impurities to visibly diminish the appearance of pores, while a blend of fruit-derived AHAs and vitamin C brightens and clarifies.

HOW TO USE
Apply a generous amount evenly to clean skin, massaging in circular motions until color transformation has occurred.
Avoid eye area.
Leave on for five to ten minutes, depending on skin sensitivity.
Rinse with water to remove.
May be applied two to three times a week.

***Precautions: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun. Use sunscreen and limit sun exposure while using this product and for one week after discontinuation.***

INGREDIENTS
Micro-Encapsulated Vitamin C: Releases powerful brightening and clarifying benefits to leave skin looking brighter and more even toned.
Kaolin and Bentonite Clay: Helps detox skin by removing excess oil and impurities and visibly diminishes the appearance of pores.
Fruit-Derived Blend Of Alpha Hydroxy Acids (Bilberry, Sugarcane, Orange, Lemon, Sugar Maple): Help support natural cell turnover to reveal a brighter, smoother looking complexion.
Aloe + Superfood Blend Of Apple, Broccoli, Kale, Blueberry and Cucumber: Help nourish, moisturize, and soothe skin.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Kaolin, Glycerin, Bentonite, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Propanediol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Sorbitol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Lauroyl Lysine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Maltooligosyl Glucoside, Xanthan Gum, Echinacea Purpurea Root Extract, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/Leaf Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugarcane) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Brassica Oleracea Acephala Leaf Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Betaine, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Sclerotium Gum, Pullulan, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Abies Sibirica Oil, Cellulose Gum, Sucrose, Mica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Manganese Violet, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Benzoate, Algin, Bioflavonoids, Limonene, Linalool

THOUGHTS
November 18th, 2018: This stuff totally works. I had forgotten that I even had this, but I was doing some decluttering and cleaning and found this rolling around one of my drawers, so I decided to give it a whirl since I had been wanting a brightening product to use. Somehow I didn't have any on hand and so I've been waiting for Black Friday to roll around to get the Blithe 9 Essential Seeds Essence: https://ahnspired.blogspot.com/2017/04/blithe-skincare.html...but then I saw this had the words "bright" and "vitamin c" in the name, so I tried it out right away and I was not disappointed.

This is a clay mask that looks and feels like any other regular clay mask. It applies and spreads nicely and while it says it comes out of the tube lavender and turns green (here's the Sephora swatch)...
I found that it came out of the tube white...maybe a very very light mint, but definitely not lavender. Please ignore my dry crusty hand, but does this look lavender to you?
At any rate, it definitely does turn green as you massage it on the face, which was cool and made it a little more fun and interesting to use. While on the face it did sting a little bit initially, but nothing that was unbearable or anything like that and it did die down and go away as time went on, so not a big deal.

I left it on for about 8 minutes or so before rinsing it off with warm water. It does rinse off easily, but can get very messy, so I would recommend using a wet washcloth to wipe this off...I had puddles of green water all over my sink and bathroom floor and running down my neck, but maybe I'm just a messy face washer. I feel like people are so neat and pretty when washing and rinsing their face, at least the people I've seen on youtube and stuff, but I am not. I don't know how they do that because I'm just a hot mess at the sink, but there I go off on a tangent again.

Anywho, once removed, this left my face feeling so silky soft and smooth and definitely was noticeably and visibly brighter and more even toned than it was before. My face just looked a lot healthier and alert and awake and nice. I was surprised by what a noticeable difference this made on my face. Also, I felt like my skincare went on better and nicer after using this. If you're looking for a mask that will give you immediate gratification then definitely give this a try. It's not cheap, but it works and is totally worth it.

If you're more looking for a product to work wonders on the pores than I would suggest the Dr. Brandt Pores No More Mask: https://ahnspired.blogspot.com/2018/10/dr-brandt-skincare.html (which also gives you immediate gratification), but if you're looking for some immediately noticeable brightening action than definitely give this one a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed...BUT do pay attention to the precaution that they give since this does contain AHA...so remember your sunscreen.


Farmacy Dew It All Total Eye Cream with Echinacea GreenEnvy™
Size: 0.5 ml / 15 ml
Treat the total eye zone with the cream that truly does it all! Our bestselling formula brightens, hydrates, de-puffs and fights the signs of aging, stress and fatigue for a youthful, more radiant appearance.

Minimizes signs of aging. Echinacea GreenEnvy™ contains a high concentration of the phytochemical cichoric acid, a potent natural antioxidant which helps protect and firm the skin by inhibiting the enzymes that break down collagen. Dew It All also contains algae and rose hip extract to help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Boosts moisture. This weightless hydrator is infused with hyaluronic acid—nature’s moisture magnet—that goes deep within the skin’s surface to boost moisture and elasticity.

Soothes & renews. Baobab fruit and vitamin C help support cell renewal to reveal a youthful, radiant glow, while chamomile and calendula extracts calm and reduce redness.

Primes for color. Sinks effortlessly into skin. No stinging. No tackiness. It’s the perfect eye primer!

HOW TO USE
Morning and evening, tap a small amount above and around eyelids and under eyes. Smooth gently with inward sweeping motions to avoid stretching skin.

INGREDIENTS
Echinacea Green Envy™, Algae, and Rosehip Extract: Help brighten, visibly firm and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid: Boosts moisture and visual elasticity.
Baobab Fruit Oil: Aids in cell renewal to reveal a youthful radiance.
Chamomile and Calendula Extracts: Help reduce redness and promote soothing benefits.

Water, Glycerin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Patented Echinacea Purpurea ‘Greenenvy’ Root Extract, Candelilla/ Jojoba/Rice Bran Polyglyceryl-3 Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Undecane, Adansonia Digitata Seed (Baobab) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Gluconolactone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Tridecane, Arachidyl Alcohol, Ribose, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Behenyl Alcohol, Strelitzia Nicolai Seed Aril Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Arachidyl Glucoside, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin, Gellan Gum, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate, Cellulose Gum, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Extract, Amino-Esters-1, Calcium Gluconate, Amino Ester-1, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Solanum Muricatum Fruit Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Algae Extract, Salicylicacid, Ocimumsanctumleafextract, Tocopherol, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Lawsonia Inermis Extract, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Extract, Pearl Powder (Margarita Powder), Sorbic Acid, Lactic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Glycolate

THOUGHTS
October 24th, 2018: This stuff is AMAZING. It's got a formula that I hate, but I LOVE this stuff for one reason, a big reason...because it works...to keep the evil sleep creases at bay. Despite the fact that I hate the heavy emollient suffocating formula this has, which to be honest I don't understand why an eye cream would be formulated to be this emollient since the skin around our eyes is thinner and more delicate and it seems unnecessary, but at any rate I love this despite that because it works wonders on my eye creases.

I'm someone that shoves my face into my pillow when I sleep. I can't help it. I've tried to sleep on my back, but I invariably end up on my side with my face shoved into my pillow. It's what's comfortable and works for me and I've thought about getting one of those silk pillowcases, but they're just so plain and not pretty...which is a stupid reason for not getting one, especially if having a silk pillow really does help to protect your skin and hair as it claims, but honestly...they can also be stupid expensive. I think Sephora has one that's like $100...for a stinking pillow case! A, as in one pillow case...not two...not a set, but one pillow case.

Anywho, I also just love my current pillow cases. If you don't already know, I LOVE cute things and I found this super cute fabric at Joann's that I absolutely love and so I made my own pillow cases out of the flannel fabric and it's so stinking adorable...but it's really not skin friendly at all. My super cute and adorable pillow cases were carving deep crevices into my outer eye and ironing that sucker in like nobodies business. It was like the San Andreas fault was trying to set up shop on my outer eye. It was getting so bad and so quickly that I actually considered giving in and not using the super adorable pillow cases and trading them in for a better fabric. I even considered giving in and just buying that stupid expensive pillow case even though just the thought of spending so much on a pillow case pained me.


But then I got this in my Fall 2018 FabFitFun box and I gave it a go and omg it's amazing. It plumped that sucker right up and keeps it that way. No more sleep creases...or in my case crevices. Now I can continue to use my super adorable pillow case without having to worry about the deep crevices that were forming on my outer eye. What a win win. Although...that fabric is still not great for the skin in general...and hair too overall, so I probably shouldn't use it so much...but I mean, how cute is this print?
Sups adorable right? I made it into a bed sheet too...so maybe I should just keep it as a bed sheet and switch out the pillow cases, but oh my god I love this print. I wish they had this print in a variety of other fabric types too, but they only had this print in flannel 😞

Anywho, this is a heavy emollient cream though, so I don't apply it all over the eye. I just strategically target it to my outer eye crease just where I need it because when I first tried this and used it all over the eye area, like it suggests, it caused milia and I had little bumps forming on my eye area, which can happen when you use product that's too heavy for the skin and like I said above, the skin around your eye is thinner and more delicate so it doesn't take much...hence why I don't understand why one would create an eye cream that is so thick and emollient, which speaking of emollient this does take a bit of time and effort to pat this baby into the skin. Definitely not a quick absorber, but I've found that using it in conjunction with the anti-aging side of my Foreo does help it to sink in faster and better.

I initially thought using less product was the way to go to speed up the process and also prolong the use of this product since it ain't cheap, but that just made it less effective, so don't be stingy. Make sure to get enough of the product and just be patient or if you have a Foreo use that to help it along. It can be a bit of a pain in the ass, but it's worth it because it keeps those pesky sleep creases away. Come Black Friday, you can bet that I'll have a couple of these in my cart ready for check out...which speaking of, can you believe November is just around the corner already? The holiday season is creeping up on us! I'm so excited! I love the holidays 😍

Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask with Echinacea GreenEnvy
Sephora: https://go.magik.ly/ml/cxla/
Size: 4.1 oz/ 117g
A warming massage face mask that nourishes and revitalizes the skin for a glowing, smooth complexion.

This face mask enhances and hydrates the skin for a younger appearance. It features an intensely moisturizing combination of honey (a natural humectant used since ancient times), propolis (an antiseptic found in beehives), and amino acid-rich royal jelly. Echinacea GreenEnvy™ is a unique variant of echinacea purpurea, which contains a high concentration of the phytochemical cichoric acid—a potent, natural antioxidant that enhances hydration and the purifying benefits of honey. Glycerin attracts moisture to the skin and provides hydrating effects for a suppler appearance. When glycerin comes in contact with the skin and is gently massaged, it transforms into a rich cream with a warming sensation to create a luxurious experience.

HOW TO USE
Cleanse and tone the skin. Use the spatula to scoop a generous amount from the jar and spread a thick layer gently across the face from forehead to chin (avoiding direct contact with eye and lip areas) and down to the neck and décolleté. Massage for one to two minutes, and the mask will begin to warm as it transforms to a rich cream texture. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse off and pat face with towel to dry. Follow with your favorite Farmacy day or night treatment, such as Sleep Tight or Rise ‘N Shine. Use two to three times a week for most effective results.

INGREDIENTS
Echinacea GreenEnvy™ Honey: Heightens the hydrating and purifying benefits of honey and is full of potent natural antioxidants. It is made by bees that live on Farmacy’s farm.
Honey, Propolis, and Royal Jelly: Supports skin renewal for a younger appearance.

Essential B Vitamins: Help to smooth dry skin and renew its look.
Glycerin: Attracts moisture to the skin and provides hydrating effects for a moist, supple skin appearance.


Glycerin, Diglycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Honey Extract, Propolis Extract, Royal Jelly Extract, Panthenol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Echinacea Purpurea Root Extract, Honey, Water, Flavor, Vanillyl Butyl Ether

Farmacy’s Honey Potion face mask is not tested on animals and is formulated with naturally derived ingredients. It is free of formaldehyde and artificial coloring. Echinacea GreenEnvy™ honey is full of potent, natural antioxidants, and is made only by bees that live on Farmacy’s farm and pollinate the Echinacea GreenEnvy™ flowers.


THOUGHTS

June 25th, 2018: This looks and feels just like honey when you take it out of the pot, but as soon as you start to massage this into the skin it really does transform immediately into a thick white cream (as you can see in the pic below) which makes it easier to spread on the face. Despite being a thicker cream though it doesn't feel heavy or suffocating, although that could be because I was too distracted by the heat to notice. Speaking of, this really does heat up. I was kinda caught off guard by how fast and "hot" it got. I thought it would be a gradual warm up, but it went from 0 to 60 instantaneously.

The heat, which is pretty intense, is not like a warming temperature heat, but rather a spicy caliente heat...like if you had touched a super spicy pepper and then touched your face. That kind of heat, which is not at all what I was expecting. I was expecting this to warm up gradually and comfortably like the eye masks that I love so much. I thought what a great idea. The warmth will open up the pores so that all the skincare goodness can penetrate and work it's magic better. It's not that kind of warmth.


As soon as you stop massaging it into the face though, that spicy heat does die down. It's not as intense as it was initially massaging it around. It kind of goes away and just leaves behind a slight sensation...burning sensation? You know like after you've tried something spicy and drink milk and whatnot to calm it down, but it doesn't go back to normal right away? It's better and you're not experiencing that intense spiciness anymore, but there's still a sensation left behind? That kind of feeling. I hope that made sense and you understand what I'm trying to say. Anywho that's how your face feels...with the exception of the philtrum area (the area between your nose and your lips).


Every time I breathed out through my nose it seemed to activate that spicy heat sensation, so I continued to feel the intense spiciness there and that's where all my focus was during this whole masking session. All my attention was centered around my philtrum and trying not to breath/breath slower, so I wouldn't activate that spiciness as much and watching the clock to see if I could wash this off my face yet. If you couldn't tell already, I really did not enjoy this masking session, but I have to admit it was effective.


After I was finally able to wash this off my face (I did leave this on for the longer 15 mins despite the spicy heat), this left my face feeling very soft and smooth and supple and it looked a bit brighter and healthier and radiant as well...although I wouldn't say it was "intensely moisturizing" as described...but it is nourishing, revitalizing and smoothing. I do agree with that part of the description.


Overall I did enjoy the effects of this mask...just not the actual masking session. Perhaps I would enjoy it better if it were wintertime, but again it's not really so much a temperature heat as it is touched a spicy pepper heat so...spicy is spicy whether it's summer or winter so perhaps I would still feel the same way even if it were cold...although I did have my A/C going when I used this since it's hot outside so that defeats the whole purpose of this train of thought.


Anywho, that sort of spicy burning sensation that I'm having trouble describing lasts even after you wash it off and lingers for a bit...I think it lasted for about another hour or so after washing it off. It truly is just like eating a spicy pepper. Even after you've drank the milk and calmed it down it doesn't truly go away and you don't go back to feeling normal for awhile. It takes time, as does this mask.

Looking at the ingredient list I see that it does contain ginger, which if you've ever had ginger then you know it can be quite spicy, so I wonder if that's where the spicy heat is coming from, but I just did not enjoy that spicy sensation which lingers even after you wash it off...which is probably why I'm gonna say it's a pass for me despite the excellent results. There are other products out there that give amazing results without the torture...ok torture is a bit dramatic, but without the uncomfortableness, which is why I honestly don't see myself reaching for this ever again.


If it weren't for that spiciness I would say this is awesome and recommend that you check it out, but man I really did not enjoy that spicy sensation...as if you couldn't tell by all the complaining I did in this review...btw, how many times have I said spicy in this post? But I can't help it. It really got to me and that's all I think about and that comes to mind when I think about this product, but maybe it's just me. Am I crazy? Has my skin just become super sensitive? It does have great reviews on the Sephora website, although like I said above it does give great results and is effective...it's just that dang masking session is uncomfortable, but I don't see anyone else complaining about it...although I only skimmed through a few of the reviews. Have any of you tried this? What was your experience like? I'd love to know.


References...
1. Sephora
2. https://www.farmacybeauty.com/products/honey-potion-1
3. https://www.farmacybeauty.com/products/dew-it-all-total

FTC disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through my links.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Back
to top