Dr. Jart+ (Makeup)

Dr. Jart+ Cicapair ™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30
Size: 1.7 oz
A green-to-beige color-correcting treatment that corrects redness and helps protect skin from environmental aggressors. 

Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment is the all-in-one treatment that includes a color-changing capsule within the formula to cover blemishes and restore the look of the skin's strength, health, and vitality. It provides SPF 30 protection from UV light, and it forms a dust barrier to protect the skin from the environment while enhancing the skin’s viability. It restores the strength of skin with the resurrection plants, houttuynia cordata and yarrow. It’s infused with sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium to help improve the skin’s moisture levels and restore fatigued skin for a healthy appearance.

Cicapair™ Collection is inspired by the true legend of Asian Tigers, rolling in Centella Asiatica to heal their battle wounds. Also known as tiger grass, its medicinal use has been recognized for centuries. For generations, this active ingredient has also been recognized as a recovery system to help support wounded skin exhibiting inflammation, redness, or blemishes. 

HOW TO USE
After cleansing skin, apply a moderate amount; cream will change from green-to-beige to correct any redness.

INGREDIENTS
Centella Asiatica Complex (Madecassoside, Madeecassic Acid, Asiaticoside and Asiatic Acid): Helps protect skin from stress. 
Herbs Complex (Houttuynia Cordata and Ressurrection Plant): Enhances skin’s viability. 
Minerals Solution and Panthenol: Soothes skin and restores moisture. 
Raspberry Leaf Extract: Helps reduce the look of inflammation. 

Water, Centella Asiatica Leaf Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Glycerin, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Niacinamide, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Pan-Thenol, Diglycerin, Iron Oxides, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethi- Cone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Sclerotium Gum, Sodium Benzoate, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Chromium Oxide Greens, Triethyl Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Alcohol, Asiaticoside, Aden-Osine, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Boron Nitride, Asiatic Acid, Madecassic Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, 1,2- Hexanediol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Propanediol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Artemisia Absinthium Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Aniba Rosodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Sodium Glycerophosphate, Selaginella Lepidophylla Extract, Potassium Magnesium Aspartate, Citric Acid, Calcium Gluconate, Madecassoside, Magnesium Gluconate, Centella Asiatica Meristem Cell Culture, Xanthan Gum, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide

Formulated Without: Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates

This product is free from 10 harmful ingredients such as artificial fragrance or color, denatured alcohol, triethanolamine, sulfate-based surfactants, triclosan, mineral oil, propylene glycol, and DEA that causes skin irritation.

THOUGHTS
JUNE 19th, 2018: I have a slight love, but mostly hate relationship with this. I love it because of the finish and how healthy, radiant and beautiful it makes my skin look, but I hate it because it's very thick and emollient and suffocating on the skin...amongst other things.

I got this product because it's got the word "color correcting treatment" in the name and it claims to correct redness...which I have a lot of redness on my cheeks. When you read further it says "all-in-one treatment that includes a color-changing capsule within the formula to cover blemishes and restore the look of the skin's strength, health, and vitality". I mean how awesome is that...right? Plus, I LOVED the blurb about the legend of the asian tigers (in the description above). That sealed the deal for me and I was like I have to try this.


While it does help to even out and cover the natural redness and flush of my face, sadly it does not do the same for the redness stemming from acne and blemishes...the very red and angry acne blemishes which are "large and in charge". The reason that I like it so much though is because like I said above, this makes your face look so healthy, radiant, and flawless otherwise...aside from not fully covering your blemishes, it does give you an absolutely beautiful finish.

Not fully covering the acne however, is not a deal breaker...especially since it's got that beautiful healthy radiant finish. What is a deal breaker for me, as I mentioned above, is the fact that this is so thick and emollient and suffocating feeling. Instead of helping to treat my skin I felt like it was clogging my pores and weighing it down and making my skin worse. It's also emollient, so it's kind of oily and greasy as well and I felt like I needed to purge my skin afterwards. I thought maybe I used too much of the product (which a little does go a long way btw) so I tried using less and less, but that didn't really help with this issue. I've personally never tried theater stage makeup, but from what I've heard about it...I imagine this is what it must feel like.


I will say, despite how heavy and thick it is, it doesn't look cake-y on the face...it feels cake-y, but it doesn't look cake-y...unless you try to layer on multiple layers. This does not layer well. Again, a little goes a long way and one thin layer is all you need.

Another gripe I have about this product is that it stains. Well not stains...stains? I don't know if that's the right word, but it leaves "foundation" streaks anywhere your face touches or brushes up against something and it's very difficult to remove. It does not just wipe away with water. It's got that thick oily formula that just doesn't want to wash away. I often use my fingers to apply foundation/BB Cream and I never have a problem washing it off my hands afterwards...this one was a nightmare. After using my fingers to apply this product when I go to wash my hands it refuses to wash away. I have to make sure I thoroughly wash my hands with not soap, but actual heavy duty makeup remover to get it off my hands otherwise it won't budge and when I go to dry my hands it will leave "foundation" streaks on my towel. Not only that, but if I touch my face it will transfer, if I lay down for a nap it will transfer and I'm someone that is constantly touching my face so it just gets everywhere.

Lastly, this transforms from a green cream to a light beige, so if you are any darker than I am this probably won't work for you...which honestly, I feel like it is a teeny bit light for me even, but I can make it work.

Would I repurchase this? No. Despite the beautiful finish it gives it's just not worth the trouble. It's so thick and suffocating and it gets everywhere and is so hard to take off I'd rather not go through the hassle...which is probably why it has just sat in my drawer unused after the first month or so that I tried it until it went bad and I finally tossed it. I kept wanting to like it and it wasn't cheap so I wanted to use it up, but it just didn't happen. I don't know if I just got a dud though because a lot of people seem to like it and have given good reviews of this on Sephora, but in my opinion, from what I experienced, I would say save your money.

Oh, and this contains alcohol. It says it doesn't contain "denatured alcohol", but it does list alcohol as an ingredient without specifying what kind of alcohol it is. I know there are some good beneficial alcohols...the "fatty alcohols" like cetyl or stearyl alcohol, but this doesn't specify and just says alcohol, so if you're sensitive or ingredient conscious just wanted to put that out there.

Dr. Jart+ The Original BB Set
Black Label Detox BB: https://go.magik.ly/ml/ovij/
Dis-A-Pore BB: https://amzn.to/2Yo1gPx
***As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.***
A four-piece travel-friendly collection of Dr. Jart+’s bestselling BB creams. 

The Original BB Set includes four bestselling, multifunctional BB creams for beautiful, even-toned skin.

Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm SPF 30 (0.5 oz): smooths skin’s texture, covers blemishes and large pores, and tightens the look of pores.


Black Label Detox Beauty Balm SPF 25 (0.5 oz): contains purifying botanical actives that soothe and smooth blemishes and camouflage uneven skintone.


Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 (0.5 oz): is infused with anti-aging serum with bio-peptides and features a firming moisture technology for youthful-looking skin.


Radiance Beauty Balm SPF 30 (0.5 oz): corrects uneven skintone while brightening and hydrating.


Each of the four highly sought-after BB formulas protect the skin from harmful UVA/UVA rays, moisturize and smooth, and prime the skin for flawless makeup application. 

What else you need to know: Beauty Balms or BB Creams were originally developed as a perfect post-procedure cream used to treat, hydrate, prime, protect, and camouflage the skin. Great for all skin types including those with sensitive skin, these versatile “five-in-one” formulas are designed to do it all: treat with high levels of active skin care ingredients; moisturize and smooth dehydrated skin; prime and perfect skin’s surface; camouflage and color correct the skintone; and protect skin from the sun with SPF. They can be used as a last step for their skin care benefits or used on their own as an instant beautifier.

HOW TO USE
Apply a pea-sized amount over the entire face after skin care and spread evenly, working into skin. 

INGREDIENTS
Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm SPF 30: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butyl Avocadate, Disodium EDTA, Adenosine, Cananga Odorata Flower Extract, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Water, Mentha Rotundifolia Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Water, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Water, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Water, Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Carbomer, Propyl Gallate, Iron Oxides

Herbal Complex (Peppermint, Apple Mint, Rosemary, Chamomile, Lavender, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, and Hibiscus): Controls sebum production and pore contraction
Argatensyl: Tightens pores
Rose Fruit Extract: Delivers complex pore care; tightens and diminishes pores
Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide: Mineral sunscreens

Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm SPF 25: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Silica, Arbutin, Iron Oxides, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Sorbitan Olivate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ozokerite, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, 1,2-Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Ubiquinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caviar Extract, Propylene Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Alcohol, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Caprylate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrolyzed Collagen,Sodium Benzoate

Green Tea and Aloe Vera: Soothe.
Arbutin: Brightens dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
Caviar: Purifies and regenerates.
Portulaca Oleracea Extract: Soothes.

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Arbutin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Alcohol Denat., Lecithin, rh-Oligopeptide-1, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Steareth-20, Chrysin, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides

Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide: Provide broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection.
Bio-Peptide Complex: Provides antiaging properties and supports natural collagen.
Arbutin: Brightens skin; evens skintone.
Adenosine: Improves elasticity and firms skin.

Radiance Beauty Balm SPF 30: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Niacinamide, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Mica (CI 77019), Triceteareth-4 Phosphate, Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Polysorbate 60, PEG-2 Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Carbomer, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Tromethamine, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isohexadecane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polysorbate 80, Xanthan Gum, Butylene Glycol, Adenosine, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Oil, Zein, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Palmitoyl Proline, Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Maltodextrin, Calcium Pantothenate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Saussurea Involucrata Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pyridoxine HCl, Silica, Iron Oxides, Tin Oxide

Radiance Capsules (Encapsulated Fine Pearl Powder): Evens skintone and brightens skin.
Multi-Vitamin Complex (Vitamins E, B3, B5, B6, and C): Contains anti-inflammatory properties and brightens skin.
Snow Lotus Extract: Brightens, soothes, and moisturizes skin.
Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide: Mineral sunscreens.

THOUGHTS
Radiance Beauty Balm SPF 30
April 1st, 2017: Meh...not a fan of this variation. This has very sheer coverage that is not build-able...I tried layering this a few times to try and build up the coverage, but it pretty much stayed the same. It's more like a tinted moisturizer...except it's not very moisturizing. Not that it's drying, but not much hydration. It basically just evens out the skin tone a bit and nothing more. It did not cover the redness on my cheeks, nor did it cover or even slightly attempt to cover the blemishes on my face...so unless you have really good skin and just need to even out your complexion a bit, or you're someone that likes and prefers sheer coverage bb creams you're probably not going to like this.

I personally don't mind a sheer coverage BB, so I can get past the lack of coverage on this...especially since it doesn't claim to have good coverage. The biggest disappointment for me was the lack of radiance. This is the radiance variation, which is supposed to brighten the face...but there was no radiance or brightening whatsoever, which was a huge let down for me as I am not a fan of the matte look. I love me a healthy radiant glow. I don't care if my blemishes or imperfections are showing...well rather I don't care as much, as long as my skin looks healthy and radiant. That's the most important thing to me personally, so this claiming to be radiant but not was very disappointing.

I have been really bad with my skincare lately, which sidenote, taking care of my mother post-surgery was more labor intensive and tiring and exhausting and just more than I expected it to be on so many levels...so I've pretty much done NO skincare whatsoever for like 2 weeks straight. I literally have done nothing but rinse my face with water and maybe spritz a mist on my face once or twice a day if at all. That was it, so my skin was looking really lackluster and dull and dry as you can imagine, but things are finally better and my mother is improving and I've got some time and am not so exhausted anymore...so even though I was just running out to do some errands, I wanted to perk up my complexion a bit so I whipped this out to try and add some life to my face, but sadly this did not. This made my face look matte...well matte to me. Objectively speaking it's got a tiny bit of a satin finish to it, so it's not completely flat matte but for me and what I like it might as well be. I did spritz a hydrating mist over it, but that didn't really help much either. Usually it does, but it didn't seem to help with this bb.

Anywho, this is a definite pass for me. Like I said, unless you like a sheer bb just to even out your skintone a bit you're probably not going to like this. Also, this is expensive. A full size will set you back somewhere in the high $30 range maybe more, so if you're just looking to even out your skintone there are definitely cheaper and better BB's out there to do that. Not really worth the money in my opinion.

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45
https://go.magik.ly/ml/ovii/
April 3rd, 2017: This one was a bit better than the Radiance variation in that this one has more of a light coverage vs. sheer and it's a bit more hydrating and has got a bit more of a satin finish. However, if you do more than one layer of this than this can start to feel heavy, which I wasn't a big fan of. I don't like feeling product on my face. Also, its got a thicker consistency, which when you do more than one layer of it can start to look a little bit cake-y and it will sink into the lines on your face (i.e. smiles lines, etc.).


I don't think this variation is worth the expensive price tag either. There are definitely better cheaper BB's out there in my opinion. I like Missha's Perfect Cover BB cream: https://ahnspired.blogspot.com/2016/10/missha-makeup.html and the Physician's Formula Argan Wear BB cream: https://ahnspired.blogspot.com/2016/01/physicians-formula.html. Both are cheaper and better.

This does contain an anti-aging serum, which I guess over time is supposed to make a difference, but honestly while it's nice and a plus to have in my BB cream it's not necessary. I get all the skincare benefits I need from my actual skincare, so while it's a nice bonus to have, having an actual amazing BB cream is more important...besides it's not going to do me any good if I'm not a fan of and in love with the actual BB cream to put it on my face everyday to get the benefits. If I'm just whatever about the BB cream and don't reach for it and use it, then it's not gonna have a chance to work it's magic anyways.

Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm SPF 25 
April 5th, 2017: This one was pretty much the same as the Premium variation. I honestly couldn't really tell a difference other than this being a little bit more of a true satin finish...but perhaps that's because I'm back on my skincare routine and my skin itself is more hydrated and smooth and nice has been improving back to it's original state, so it just looks better?

This of course doesn't have the anti-aging serum infused in it like the Premium variation does, so I guess in the long run there would be a difference, but as far as the immediate application, finish (?), feel, and performance, I couldn't really tell a difference...it seemed to be the exact same, so I don't think this is worth the expensive price tag either.


Also, FYI, all three of these so far have had an ash-y gray undertone to it. I personally am not a fan of the grayish undertone as I don't think that looks good on me...I definitely prefer a BB that has more of a yellow or neutral tone to it.


Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm SPF 30
https://amzn.to/2Yo1gPx
***As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.***
April 8th, 2017: I liked this one the best out of all 4 variations. First off, this had a different texture than the other 3...this one had a nice whipped-like texture to it that I think helped it perform a lot better than the other 3 BB's. It was lightweight, had better coverage, a different undertone, and did what it was supposed to do...sort of.

Coverage: Still not a lot of coverage, but of the 4 this one had the most coverage. I would say it had a solid light, maybe a hair more than light, but not really just a solid light coverage.


Tone: Unlike the other 3 variations, which all had an ashy gray tone, this one didn't. This was pretty neutral toned


Heaviness: The other 3 variations were thick and I could feel it sitting on my face, but this one was very lightweight. I couldn't feel it on my face at all...probably due to the airy whipped-like texture.


Blemishes/Pores: This did not cover blemishes, not in the slightest, but it did help to blur my pores and make them less visible. They didn't completely disappear and you could still kind of see them...especially up close, but they did look better and tighter than before. 


However, this is not without it's flaws and I still don't think that this is worth it...I have no plans on getting a full size of this. This too clung onto and accentuated my dry patches...it was especially bad and noticeable on my nose and between my eyes/brows. Using a mist didn't help either. Also, this didn't really have a nice satin-y finish or radiance. It was pretty matte looking like the Radiance variation.

Like I said above, there are better and cheaper out there, so I would skip out on this entire BB line. Not worth it.

References...
1. Sephora

FTC disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through my links.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Back
to top