Oolu (Skincare)

OOLU Jasmine Moisture Liquid
Size: 200 ml
Show your skin a whole new world with this organic Jasmine liquid! We love lavishing our skin like royalty with real Jasmine oil, extracts, and leaves.

Infused with natural, organic Jasmine, this moisturizing liquid soothes and conditions skin so it reaches the optimum level of moisture and oil balance. The result is improved skin, from the minimized appearance of pores and fine lines, sebum control, and more elasticized skin, to an overall brighter complexion.

Allergens and toxins were eliminated during Oolu's special 1,656-hour fermentation process, so you can use worry free, even if you have allergies or sensitive skin.

HOW TO USE
After cleansing face, apply the product onto face and neck using a cotton pad or clean hands. Gently pat for enhanced absorption. Use twice daily during AM and PM.

Memetips: Apply immediately after cleansing to enhance absorption and prevent loss of moisture.

INGREDIENTS
Beneficial Ingredients: Jasmine Extract, Jasmine Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Calendula Extract, Licorice Extract, Lavender Extract

Complete Ingredient List: Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower/Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Caulerpa Lentillifera Extract, Artemisia Annua Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Helichrysum Italicum (Everlasting) Extract, Azadirachta Indica Leaf Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Rosa Rugosa Flower Extract, Magnolia Kobus Flower Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Jasmine Flower, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Alcohol

VERDICT
June 11th, 2017: This is a very hydrating and moisturizing toner, but I noticed in the ingredient list, after the fact of course, that it contains alcohol...but somehow it's still very hydrating/moisturizing and feels good on the skin. Perhaps because it's not a main ingredient? It's listed at the very end as the last ingredient, so perhaps there's just a very tiny minuscule amount in there? Regardless, whatever the reason, this is actually a really good toner with great ingredients...aside from the alcohol of course.

It's got a bit of a thicker more viscous liquid formula that smells nice. You can definitely smell the Jasmine in there. It's not sticky or tacky in the slightest and it spreads/applies nicely and sinks in beautifully. Speaking of beautiful...how pretty is this? It's got real jasmine flowers floating around in there and the packing is beautiful as well.

As for the actual performance, I feel like my skin does feel soothed and more balanced and better conditioned and a bit brighter due to this moisture liquid. The description that they give...I feel like it's pretty true to form. Before I saw that this contained alcohol, I was really loving this and enjoying it. Finding out that it does contains alcohol...it did kind of mess with my head mentally and made me stop reaching for it for a little bit, but I can't deny the fact that this performs and it performs well, and I did really love this product, so I've started using it again to finish up my bottle.


Like I said, it does feel really nice, smells good, and performs nicely so if you don't mind and/or can get over the fact that this does contain alcohol then I would say go for it and give it a try...especially if you have dry skin since this is ironically so hydrating/moisturizing, but any skin type could use, enjoy, and benefit from this. As for wether I would repurchase this...I'm a little torn. If I didn't know this had alcohol in it, I would absolutely say yes as this has helped to do great things for my skin and has actually helped to improve it, but psychologically knowing that it does contain alcohol it does make me take pause...but in the end I would because like I said above, it performs and it performs well.


OOLU Ginseng Cleansing Foam
Size: 130 ml
Eureka! We feel like we struck gold with this handmade organic Ginseng and Gold infused cleanser.

Fancied up with Gold and premium Ginseng extracts, this natural, organic foam cleanser washes away your makeup and removes impurities and excess oil lodged within pores. Its smooth lather moisturizes and leaves the skin refreshed, shiny (the good way), and moist even after cleansing!

HOW TO USE
Squeeze an appropriate amount onto clean, wet hands. Create a lather and smooth over face and neck. Gently massage with fingertips, then rinse off with lukewarm water. Use twice daily during AM and PM.

Memetips: Right after cleansing your face, apply toner or mist to keep moisture locked in your skin.

INGREDIENTS
Beneficial Ingredients: Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Gold, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Lavender Extract, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Lactobacillus Ferment

Complete Ingredient List: Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Myristic Acid, Palm Kernel/Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Panax Ginseng Root, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Lactobacillus Ferment Lysate, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Gold, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Rosewood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil

Oolu uses ECOCERT organic ingredients in all products

VERDICT
May 16th, 2016: It's been a hot minute since I've used my favorite Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam: https://ahnspired.blogspot.com/2016/01/innisfree_30.html, but this kind of reminds me of that. A more...mature/older sister version of that. While the Innisfree is good for pore care and controlling oil and keeping pimple causing bacteria at bay this is geared more for anti-aging and repair (I say that based on the ingredient list), so I feel like the targeted audience is different. Obviously anyone can use either of these cleansers at any age as they wish, but I feel like the Innisfree is geared more for the younger crowd and Oolu for the more mature crowd.

Anywho, the Innisfree, if I remember correctly had a bit more of whipped formula, but this one's got a very creamy silky not as much as the Innisfree, but still whipped-like lather. It does a great job of cleansing and I also find this to be a nicely hydrating cleanser like the Innisfree was and it also leaves your skin feeling silky soft and smooth afterwards as well. While I have seen a gold flake or two, there are barely any in there...at least that I could see, which was a bit of a let down, but it does have a lot of great ingredients in the formula.


From the fermented ingredients like Bifida Ferment Lysate and Lactobacillus Ferment to the ginseng and gold (albeit a very limited amount) etc. it's got some really great ingredients, which is why I do like to take my time with this cleanser and really work it into my skin for a few minutes before rinsing off...so it has a chance of working some of it's magic and I'm not just wasting it by rinsing it off right away. Obviously, no matter how much I try to extend the length of my wash, I don't keep a cleanser on my face as long as I would an essence or serum or even a mask so the ingredients don't get the opportunity to work wonders, but I do feel like it does do a little something something...there is a subtle difference.


I personally prefer and enjoy a really silky creamy whipped-like lathery cleanser, so this is right up my alley. It is a bit pricey, but it's got all those great ingredients so I can see why. Whether you think it's worth it to have those great ingredients in a cleanser that doesn't stay on your face for very long before being rinsed off is up to you, but I do really enjoy it.


Oolu Bamboo Leaf Toning Mist

Size: 200 ml

Oo la la! We love keeping this toning mist at our desk so we can spritz and spruce up our skin throughout the day.



Certified as pure eco-cosmetics by France's Ecocert and Germany's BDIH, Oolu's Bamboo Leaf refreshes and relaxes dry and sensitive skin. Handmade with organic Bamboo Leaf, an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, this toning mist regulates pH balance, clears away impurities and excess sebum, and moisturizes skin. It even boosts elasticity and the efficacy of SPF while fighting the damaging effects of free radicals. Instantly, the fine antioxidant-packed particles hydrate skin by forming a protective barrier that locks in moisture. Over time, pores will also appear smaller, wrinkles and fine lines will be less visible, and dull skin will brighten up.



HOW TO USE

Close your eyes and spray the mist onto your face and neck as a toner or whenever desired before or after makeup application. Gently pat for better absorption. Reapply as often as needed.


Memetips: This toning mist is recommended especially for dry, troubled, and sensitive skin.

INGREDIENTS
Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf Extract, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Morus Nigra Fruit Extract, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Jania Rubens Extract, Betula Alba Leaf Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Yeast Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Sucrose, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sprout Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Glycerin, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Oil, Alcohol

Formulated Without: Talc, Coal Tar, PEG, Propylene Glycol, Formaldehyde-releasers, Mineral Oil, Silicones, Formaldehyde, TEA, Phthalates, MIT, Parabens, Sulfates, Triclosan, Dye, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

THOUGHTS
March 31st, 2017: I don't know that I can properly review this (hence this is section is titled thoughts instead of verdict) as I think mine went bad...even though it's new, and doesn't expire until March 2018. Not entirely sure if that's the case, since I've never used this specific product before and have no basis of comparison other than some of the other mists and toners that I've tried from the Oolu brand (which have all contained a clear liquid), but the liquid in this mist is milky/cloudy and the scent smells a bit off to me...unless that's just what it's supposed to smell like, in which case I'm not a fan of the scent.

The description for this sounds awesome, and I love the Bay Leaf Mist (review forthcoming) which is one of three variations in this mist line, but I am not a fan of this one. Possibly because the product has gone bad, or if it hasn't and that's just how it looks, smells, and performs then I am not a fan...but bear in mind I've only tried it twice so it's really just a first impressions. A first impressions which will go nowhere, as I have no intentions of continuing to use a product that may have potentially gone bad.

BTW, I asked Memebox about returning it since I think it's gone bad (stating why I think it's gone bad) and they simply replied that all final sales are non-returnable, so apparently I can't...which totally sucks. You would think they could at least tell me if the liquid is supposed to be milky/cloudy, or even better tell me what a fresh product is supposed to look and smell like and what an expired product is supposed to look and smell like or something of the sort to address my concerns, but alas that was not the case...although the liquid does appear to be clear in the picture provided. What a waste of money.

Have any of you tried this product? Was yours milky/cloudy? Would love to know.

References...
1. Memebox

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Back
to top