Fitness Journey - Week 6 (Health)



Hi guys!
I'm here with week six of my fitness journey, which was a terrible week for me. I had to go to LA for business, so while I got a lot done there and it was a productive work week, fitness journey-wise it was not productive.

I was so looking forward to working out at the beach and possibly hitting up Los Liones (a hiking trail with beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean and coast) while I was in LA, but it was pouring rain the whole time I was there and it was just wet and dreary and gloomy, so I didn't get a chance to get outdoors...but even beyond that I didn't hit my daily step goals either for the majority of the week. Not even close.

On top of that because I was in LA and not home where I have a kitchen with all my groceries to cook my meals, I did a lot of fast food which is not healthy. I did try my best to stay gluten and dairy free...for the most part, but that still doesn't make it healthy. A lettuce wrapped original six dollar burger without the cheese from Carl's Jr. with crisscut fries is technically gluten and dairy free, but hardly anywhere near the realm of healthy, so bad eating and barely working out pretty much sums up this week, but at any rate, here are my stats for the week...

Day 36 - Saturday, December 1st, 2018
Fitbit Stats for the Day


Workout Stats

Today's Exercise: Hiking/Walking at Whitney Mesa (Lower and Upper Trail)

Thoughts: Despite not getting much sleep last night, I still felt ok today. I felt light on my feet and my body felt good, so I had a great workout. I started off on the lower trail at Whitney Mesa, where I was actually fast walking/jogging a lot of the way. Then I connected from the lower trail to the Cattail Wash Trail to extend my walk a little bit further.
Then on the way back I took one of the spur trails that ascends from the lower trail and connects to the upper trail on top of the mesa.
This spur trail, different from one that I had done before, had a bit of a longer steep section and was steeper overall, so I did end up having to take a quick few seconds rest on the way up, but my legs felt pretty good. My right calf was actually completely fine although my left one did have a little twinge of tightening. Kind of weird that one leg was completely fine while the other got a little tight, but as soon as I reached the top the slight twinge in my left calf melted away like butter and both my legs were loosey goosey and felt good. I was light on my feet again instantaneously and I only had to take a couple seconds to recover and catch my breath when I got to the top, so I'm continuing to make improvements in my fitness.

The rest of my workout was easy peasy and I did jog a tiny bit more even after the incline to the top. This is the most I've ever jogged in one workout session and it's the quickest that I've recovered after a steeper incline, so I'm definitely making even more progress and am on the right track.

Day 37 - Sunday, December 2nd, 2018
Fitbit Stats for the Day

Today's Exercise: Cleaning out the garage...although, does that even count?

Thoughts: Today was not really a workout per se, but I still got a lot of activity in my day, although my steps don't really reflect that, but I spent about 5 hours organizing, sorting and clearing out my garage. I've got so much stuff I need to haul to Goodwill tomorrow to donate. In fact, I feel like I'll probably have to make three trips, that's how much stuff there is even after tossing out a lot of stuff. I don't know why I have so much stuff...stuff that I don't even use just laying around. I legitimately had like 3 barely used routers sitting around. Why?

Some of the stuff I had like books and movies made sense, but there was also a lot that I didn't understand why I had or had so many in my possession...another example being the fact that I had 3 Christmas trees, one medium sized Christmas tree and two little tiny Christmas trees. I'm just one person. Why? And it's not like I had a regular traditional tree, a white/silver tree and like a pink tree...they were all traditional green looked the exact same trees. I also had a grilling utensil set even though I don't have a grill and don't grill...and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

There was so much stuff/crap that I had somehow accumulated over the years...it was completely ridiculous. I feel like I'm a low key hoarder, so I'm trying to be cognizant and better about that and not hold on to so much stuff. I've been decluttering like crazy this year and I plan to do even more before the end of the year. My goal is to get rid of everything and I mean EVERYTHING I don't need and use and start off fresh in the new year with a clean slate/home.

Anywho, that's all I did today.

Day 38 - Monday, December 3rd, 2018
Fitbit Stats for the Day
Workout Stats

Today's Exercise: Stationary Bike

Thoughts: Instead of working out during my lunch break, I went and donated all that stuff I had decluttered yesterday to Goodwill. I had to do three separate trips (my SUV chock full to the brim each time), but I still didn't manage to get everything donated. I'll have to go back another day to do the rest, but that's where the entirety of my lunch break went, so I didn't get a chance to squeeze in a workout outdoors.

I would've gone after work, but it's winter now and it gets chilly and dark at night, so instead I waited till the last possible moment and jumped on the stationary bike that I "stole" from my dad instead and got in 40 mins of spin time...even though I hate that thing, which is probably why I procrastinated until after 9 pm to ride it. The fact that I managed to stay on it for 40 mins though, even though I can't stand it...I'm proud of myself, although I can't wait for my treadmill to be delivered because that stationary bike is just not my cup of tea...which btw, I totally took the plunge and invested in that treadmill I talked about in my Sephora Holiday Beauty Insider Bonus Sale post: https://ahnspired.blogspot.com/2018/10/sephora-holiday-beauty-insider-bonus.html.

Day 39 - Tuesday, December 4th, 2018
Fitbit Stats for the Day

Today's Exercise: Nothing, travel day

Day 40 - Wednesday, December 5th, 2018
Fitbit Stats for the Day

Today's Exercise: Nothing, more traveling and working

Day 41 - Thursday, December 6th, 2018
Fitbit Stats for the Day

Today's Exercise: Nothing, working and the last of my travels

Day 42 - Friday, December 7th, 2018
Fitbit Stats for the Day

Workout Stats

Today's Exercise: Hiking/Walking at Whitney Mesa (Upper Trail)

Thoughts: I am so happy to be back home and getting back into my routine. The past three days have been crazy. Days consisting of poor sleep, no exercise and bad eating, which is probably why I woke up so tired and exhausted and lazy this morning. I was still recovering from the past few days.

Anywho, it was cloudy and dreary and gloomy and my arm was still sore from my flu shot and it was chilly outside and I did not want to workout for all the endless excuses that I had this morning, BUT there was no rain and the fact that I basically did not workout this week...I forced myself to get my butt up and out to Whitney Mesa even though all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and stay there.

I turned on my hype playlist, which if you haven't seen my post of motivational hype songs you can check it out here: https://ahnspired.blogspot.com/2018/11/hype-playlist-songs-that-motivate-me-to.html, to get me through my workout and it definitely did the trick. I had a great workout with my best stats yet. I made it to the top of the mesa in record time: 7 min 20 sec. and had an average pace of 18'41", which I believe is my best yet. I did still feel the burn in my glutes today, but surprisingly my hamstrings/thighs were fine. Not surprising though is the fact that my calves and arches were back to barking, but despite that I still jogged a lot of the way.

I would walk until my calves and arches calmed down to a whimper, then I would pick up the pace and jog, but then when they started barking again I would slow down and walk, and then when they went back down to a whimper I would pick up the pace again and jog and I sort of ended up doing an interval workout of walking and jogging the entire way, but eventually my calves and arches calmed down for good the last 20% or so of my workout even while jogging, so I had a really great workout despite the fact that I had been complacent the majority of the week.

In fact, this workout ramped me up so much I ended up jumping on that darned stationary bike to burn off some energy. I think the fact that I hadn't really worked out this week...the flood of endorphins from my workout this morning, gave my body an exercise high after being deprived for so long. I was tired going into the workout, but came out the other side of it just spilling over with bounds of energy.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Back
to top