Inspired Adventures - McCullough Hills Trail

There are two trailheads to access the McCullough Hills Trail, which is approximately 8.5 mi (one way) or 17 mi (roundtrip). 


There is the McCullough Hills Trailhead, which is where I started, on the east side of Sloan Canyon and the Anthem Hills Park Trailhead located on the west side of Sloan Canyon.

This trail is pretty desolate. Once you leave the trailhead and hike in for a little bit, all you're surrounded by are mountains and desert. No city in sight. It truly feels like you're in the middle of nowhere...and on the day I went I only saw one couple heading out as I was first starting and a family starting as I was leaving, so the entire hike was pretty much done in solitude aside from my mother who was with me.

The trail itself is pretty flat and easy...no major inclines or declines, but it is a very long trail if you decide to hike the trail in its entirety. I would have loved to go the distance and do the entire 17 mi, but I only ended up hiking in for 2.5 mi, making my hike 5 mi roundtrip.

I will definitely have to make it over to the Anthem Hills Park Trailhead and hike it from the other side as well at some point in the future.

Definitely would advise doing this trail during cooler months as there is no shade whatsoever provided on this very exposed desert trail. If you went during the summer you would probably be susceptible to heat stroke.

Oh, and the highlight of this hike was seeing the coyote at the end of my hike, which you can see in the video down below...at least I think that was a coyote.

Trail Access: 5AM-11PM for lighted trails & Dawn to Dusk for unlit trails



































CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Back
to top